When setting up an eDirectory MA I found I had to install the Netware server certificate as a Trusted Root Authority. This is the way I did it:
- Open ConsoleOne
- Browse to the OU of the server you wish to attach to from MIIS (it needs to be one with a copy of all partitions containing OUs you’re going to sync)
- Locate the SSL CertificateIP for that server
- Open the certificate Properties, click the Certificates tab, and Export the certificate to a file.
- Open a remote desktop session to the MIIS and login using the MIIS service account
- Run IE, click Tools, Internet Options, Content, Certificates
- Click the Trusted Root Certification Authorities tab and Import the cert file you created.
- Run Identity Manager.
- Create or import the eDirectory MA.
- Specify the Netware server name, the port (636), and the account to connect with, using the Fully Qualified DN.
If you get a “Server Down” error then it’s probably a certificate problem.