Attribute not appearing in Set or Advanced search filter

I noticed that I couldn’t use a particular attribute in search or set filters. While this can be caused by filter validation I always disable those MPRs (“General workflow: Filter attribute validation for administrator” and “General workflow: Filter attribute validation for non-administrators”) so that never causes me a problem. In this case it turned out to be a naming conflict.

I had bound two “Status” fields to this object type. While they have different Attribute system names and Binding display names, the Attribute display names were the same:

Attribute system names: Status, EmployeeStatus

Attribute display names: Status, Status

Binding display names: Status, Person Status

Once I changed that second attribute’s display name to “Employee Status” and ran an iisreset I could then see the attribute listed and use it in my filters.

About: Carol

I've been doing IT for 30 years, and IdM for 15. I live in Australia and build IdM solutions based on Microsoft Identity Manager. I also play the violin, but that doesn't help much with the IdM solutions.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


*